Any community’s level of success depends on the willingness of its members to contribute to its vibrancy and health and The Flyers have a long tradition of exceptional volunteerism. We cannot survive without the selfless efforts of parents and players offering their time and talents to help our youth hockey program function. These volunteers represent all sectors of the community. They are family and friends of athletes, student groups, business leaders, and members of local civic organizations that share our vision of Building Players for Life. Whether it be coaching or managing a team, helping with player safety through Safesport, helping with the apparel ordering and distribution, score keeping, working the penalty box during a game, helping with administrative tasks or other ways, Flyers truly rely on a community effort.
Remember that if you have a matching program at your place of employment, you can turn in your volunteer hours and SRJHC will receive matching funds for the time you spend volunteering. This is one of our primary sources of donations and plays an important role for funding operations.
1. Register with USA hockey as a volunteer (free) or as a player/coach -- https://membership.usahockey.com/ (every year)
2. Background check -- https://www.usahockey.com/backgroundscreen (every two years)
Click the red button on the USA Hockey site to begin the screening process. It will autofill the registration ID number for you.
The cost of the background check can be reimbursed by the club. Complete the form below and submit to the treasurer.
3. Safesport course -- https://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining (every year)
4. CAHA Anti-Bullying Training -- Available in Our Parent Portal (every year)
5. Register with our club so our registrar can confirm compliance. (every year)